Newton & Campbell Law Firm P.A.

Rame L. Campbell Divorce & Child Custody Lawyer (Anderson, SC)

Rame L. Campbell Domestic Lawyer



(Anderson, SC) --Thank you for visiting Newton & Campbell Law P.A. We hope you find the information on our website useful and encourage you to seek legal counsel for advice on your legal matter. Travis Newton and Rame Campbell practice law in South Carolina's Tenth and Thirteenth Judicial Circuit including Anderson, Clemson, Pickens, Seneca, Easley, Walhalla, Salem, Westminster and Greenville County.


All legal consultations with Travis Newton & Rame Campbell are held in strict confidence by experienced attorneys you can trust. If you are visiting Newton & Campbell Law P.A. on your mobile device please find the call button below or dial (864) 965-9148


Rame Campbell Anderson SC Child Custody Lawyer (Divorce Attorney)

Divorce is the termination of a marriage or marital union, thus dissolving the bonds of matrimony between a married couple. But what about the children and marital assets? What about retirement and bank accounts? The South Carolina Family Court is the proper venue to resolve issues of alimony (spousal support), child custody, child visitation, parenting time, child support, distribution of property, and division of debt.



Some couples are able to agree on complicated division of property and child custody issues but other couples are unable to find common ground. Child custody in South Carolina is never permanent as a change in circumstances may effect the current arrangement or court order. In South Carolina, the best interest of the child is the standard used by the court to determine issues of child custody, child placement, child support and parental visitation. 


The State of South Carolina allows  five "fault" grounds for divorce:


1. Separation of the spouses for at least one year (commonly referred to as no fault divorce).

2. Adultery.

3. Physical cruelty.

4. Habitual drunkenness (alcohol or narcotic drugs).

5. Desertion.


The proof needed to allow the court to grant a divorce on one of these five reasons depends on your circumstances. Testimony from a third party or witness will probably be required.  South Carolina law requires family court judge to make a specific finding that reconciliation is not possible before the judge can grant a divorce.  In South Carolina, family courts handle all marital litigation. The family courts decide whether to grant a divorce, issues of custody and support (child support and alimony) and equitable division of marital property. Family courts also have the power to grant a request allowing a person to resume use of a maiden or previous name. 


When you and your spouse have separated but do not have grounds for divorce, you can apply to the court for the right to live separate and apart. This is done through an action for “separate maintenance and support,” which is a claim for spousal support. If the court considers issues of alimony, child support or child custody at this time, it can also deal with equitable division of marital property. However, separation officially begins on the day that the spouses no longer live together."


If you are facing the unfortunate reality of divorce or if you are a parent seeking custody of your child or children, visitation, child support, or the establishment of parental rights Family Court Lawyer  Rame L. Campbell may be able to help you. Rame Campbell is an experienced Anderson South Carolina Attorney that will fight for your interests and the best interest of your children while protecting your marital assets. For a consultation and to learn more about your rights as a parent or party in a divorce action call (864) 965-9148.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Travis A. Newton or Rame L. Campbell and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Print Print | Sitemap Recommend this page Recommend this page
© Powered by Newton Digital Media Group